Classes for Adults
Some ongoing classes are taught by AWD Studio Artists; please contact the artists directly to register.
Senior Art Workshop
Mixed Media Workshop with Stephanie Jucker
Top Tips for Funding Your Art Project
Collage & Wine Workshop
Thursday, April 27, 2017 • 1:30pm–3:30pm
• Free to all seniors wishing to participate
• Materials included
• Class size maximum 14 people.
• Service program coodinators - please contact Elisabeth Setten, 415.451.8119
Seniors will learn how to make decorative greetings cards and gift tags using collage, watercolors, and ink stamping techniques. The instructor will demonstrate ways to combine a variety of materials to make unique hand-made cards for any occasion or holiday.
About the Instructor
Stephanie Jucker, MFA, is an exhibiting artist who uses collage, mixed media, and printing techniques in her paintings. With a graduate degree in Fine Art she also has 25 years of teaching experience, running classes at College of Marin, O'Hanlon Center for the Arts, and Art Works Downtown.
Session 3: Mixed Media Painting & Photo-Transfer
Sunday, April 30, 2017 • 1pm–5:30pm
• Cost $105
• AWD Multipurpose Room
Explore how to combine acrylic paint, photo-transfer and collage to create layered mixed media paintings. In this class we'll be using a variety of materials and techniques to build painterly art work on paper and canvas. Find out how to apply these processes to numerous art projects such as book making, monoprinting, sculpture and fiber art.
Sundays street parkingis free. Access to the multipurpose room is through the rear of the building from D Street.
1337 4th Street, at D, San Rafael, CA 94901
For more information please go to www.stephaniejucker.com
Saturday, June 10, 2017 • 10:30am–Noon
Presented by Creative & Abundance Artist
• Free Workshop
• AWD Multipurpose Room
- Make Your Research Rewarding!
- Create a Grant Calendar
- Build Partnerships and Community
This workshop for artists who love making art, but aren't in love with being a business person. In this workshop, Shelley will share some great tips for finding funding your artistic projects, from alternative resources to grants and fellowships. Learn how to seek out and connect with the RIGHT funders, and how to avoid some of the pitfalls so that you don’t waste your time writing the wrong grants.
Presented by Shelley Rugg, artist and founder of Creative & Abundant Artist, a mentorship program for artists who want to make a living doing what they love, but who struggle with the business-end of art.
For more information, visit: www.CreativeAndAbundantArtist.com
In a fun and social group setting, artist and teacher provides Dan Caven step-by-step instruction along with encouragement. By the end of the evening, each attendee will create a fabulous piece of art! Adult students receive two glasses of wine, appetizers, and artist materials. Appropriate for all skill levels.
$40 per person
Walk-ins welcome if space is available.
Private and Group Classes for Adults and Teen
- Weekly ongoing classes to fit in your schedule
- Fun and Informal. Creative Stimulating and Supportive!
- Barbara evaluates your individual needs and desires and developes a program that is unique to each student. With dedication and perseverance artistic groth is guaranteed,
- Adults: Tuesdays 11:30am-2:30pm • Tuesdays 6-9pm • Thursdays 11:30am-2:30pm• $240/mo
- Barbara Andino-Stevenson, Sweet Spirit Ceramic Center
- Wheel, handbuilding, sculpture SUMMER CLAY CAMPS for kids and adulsts
The No Mistakes Studio!
- On-going Thursdays mornings at 11am, or by appointment. For class schedule please contact artist.
- Students with special needs welcome. Private classes also available for all ages.
Photography Mentor: Personalized instruction in film or digital info
- Private instruction for individuals and small groups. Creative expression, travel, nature, fine art,
in studio and on location.
- Cindy Pavlinac, www.CAPavlinac.com 415.246.9703
Collage Workshop info
- Date to be announced • 11am–4pm • $125
- Materials included